Recipe by momaphet
This is a popular drink in Brazil and Uruguay. This version substitutes vodka for the traditional cachaçal. Serve in an old fashioned or highball glass.
Top Review by Rita~
Good stuff but I enjoy this with cachaca over vodka. I did muddled in a shaker glass then gave a good shake. Which is key to this drink.
Part of Menu #66619 which we did taste tasting of the different versions of Caipirinha`s. Thanks!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar or 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze juice from lime wedges into the glass. Place one of the lime wedges into the glass and add sugars.
- Gentley muddle the sugar with lime wedge, too much and it will make the drink bitter.
- Pour in vodka and stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Add crushed ice and stir to melt some of the ice. Garnish with lime slice or wedge and serve.