Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a popular drink in Brazil and Uruguay. This version substitutes vodka for the traditional cachaçal. Serve in an old fashioned or highball glass.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar or 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- crushed ice
- Squeeze juice from lime wedges into the glass. Place one of the lime wedges into the glass and add sugars.
- Gentley muddle the sugar with lime wedge, too much and it will make the drink bitter.
- Pour in vodka and stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Add crushed ice and stir to melt some of the ice. Garnish with lime slice or wedge and serve.
Good stuff but I enjoy this with cachaca over vodka. I did muddled in a shaker glass then gave a good shake. Which is key to this drink.
Part of Menu #66619 which we did taste tasting of the different versions of Caipirinha`s. Thanks!
I like the crushed ice better than whole cubes. Reviewed for ZWT 7,
This is STRONG, but that is OK! :) Sure enjoyed it; took me back to the first time I had a caipirinha, which became a fave. This is a cool change and going in my 'saved' book! Thanks for sharing, momaphet!