Jamie Oliver is to thank for this one!This is a strong Brazilian drink! Lots of people relate this to tequila. Pronunciation ki pe ren ye The basic recipe is fabulous but if you want a change try it with your favorite fruit.
- Place the lime pieces, pulp side up, in the bottom of an old fashioned glass or heavy tumbler.
- Add sugar to taste and crush the lime and sugar together with a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon (be sure to crush the pieces pulp side up or too much bitter lime oil will be released from the zest).
- Add the cachaca, stir to mix and add lots of ice cubes.
- Stir well again and serve.
- Optional: Shake all ingredients in a shaker till very well chilled.
- Optional: Add your choice of fruit to the lime to be muddled or in the shaker.