Recipe by Rita~
Jamie Oliver is to thank for this one!This is a strong Brazilian drink! Lots of people relate this to tequila. Pronunciation ki pe ren ye The basic recipe is fabulous but if you want a change try it with your favorite fruit.
Top Review by Kim127
To tell you the truth, I wasn't really expecting to like this drink, as I had one drink with cachaca before and didn't care for it. Let me tell you, I was wrong! Loved it! I don't know if it was the sugar or the lime (but probably the lime), but I so enjoyed this. Nice and refreshing in the 90 degree weather we've been having. This is what I will be using my bottle of cachaca for!! LOL Made for ZWT-7
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, adding more if ya like it sweeter
- 1 lime (8 Wedges)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cachaca (kah-SHAH-sah)
- 8 berries (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon mango (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon pineapple (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lime pieces, pulp side up, in the bottom of an old fashioned glass or heavy tumbler.
- Add sugar to taste and crush the lime and sugar together with a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon (be sure to crush the pieces pulp side up or too much bitter lime oil will be released from the zest).
- Add the cachaca, stir to mix and add lots of ice cubes.
- Stir well again and serve.
- Optional: Shake all ingredients in a shaker till very well chilled.
- Optional: Add your choice of fruit to the lime to be muddled or in the shaker.