1/8 Photos of Caipirinha Original or With Fruit
Jamie Oliver is to thank for this one!This is a strong Brazilian drink! Lots of people relate this to tequila. Pronunciation ki pe ren ye The basic recipe is fabulous but if you want a change try it with your favorite fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the lime pieces, pulp side up, in the bottom of an old fashioned glass or heavy tumbler.
- 2Add sugar to taste and crush the lime and sugar together with a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon (be sure to crush the pieces pulp side up or too much bitter lime oil will be released from the zest).
- 3Add the cachaca, stir to mix and add lots of ice cubes.
- 4Stir well again and serve.
- 5Optional: Shake all ingredients in a shaker till very well chilled.
- 6Optional: Add your choice of fruit to the lime to be muddled or in the shaker.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caipirinha Original or With Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 0.4 g