Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful, fresh summertime drink. It is Brazilian in origin.
- 1 large lime, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sugar (plus additional sugar for rims of glasses)
- 1⁄2 cup cachaca (Brazilian liquor) or 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ice cube
- Lightly wet rims of two glasses and dip in sugar (like you would a margarita glass in salt) Divide fresh lime and sugar between the two glasses.
- Mash lime and sugar in each glass with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1/4 cup cachaca (or rum) and 1 Tbsp lemon juice to each glass, stirring to blend.
- Fill each glass with ice.
Delicious, STRONG and fun to drink. I will definitely make again. Found out in a magazine that this was "last year's" fashionable drink, but I don't care -- the recipe is too good to put aside for the sake of trendiness.