Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on The Amazing Race last night. Each team of two had to make a 100 of these drinks while visiting Brazil, as it is a very popular drink with the Brazilians. Remember to use a highball glass to pur the drink into.
- 1. Wash limes and roll them on a counter or cutting board to loosen juices.
- 2. Cut limes into thin slices (approximately 1/8 inch thick).
- 3. Remove lime seeds (it’s easier to do it now, instead of having to remove them with your teeth).
- 4. Place unseeded lime slices into highball glass (we’ve also had Caipirinhas with the limes cut in quarters, and that works, too; it's a common practice to put both slices and quarters in a Caipirinha).
- 5. Pour two to three tablespoons (yes, you read that right; Brazilians like this drink sweet; of course, you can cut the sugar if that’s your preference!) over the limes, get a pestle and muddle sugar and limes (this means mush together) (pulp side up).
- 6. Don’t muddle the lime skin, which can be bitter.
- 7. Add 2 to 3 oz. Cachaça (to preference and taste) and stir well to be sure the sugar dissolves.
- 8. Add cracked ice and stir again. Serves one.
Yummy! I just cut the lime into 8`s muddled in a shaker then added ice and cachaca. Gave a really good shake and enjoyed! For a fruity change try it with fruit Caipirinha Original or With Fruit
Part of Menu #66619