Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in the new BH&G Christmas Cookie Book..posting it for later use. Sounds and looks like something I might like on my Christmas cookie tray for the holidays.
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Stir together the first three ingredients until dissolved. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar and egg till fluffly, add the coffee mixture and slowly blend in the flour. Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Divide each portion into 24 balls and press into ungreased mini-tart pans. Bake in a pre-heated 375* oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and tamp the centers of the tarts down, allow to cool in the pans for 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat the remaining butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and coffee liquor till smooth and fluffy.
- Pipe or spoon the filling into the cooled shells and dust with the cocoa powder.
- Freezes well.
I made these this Christmas and froze half possibly to take to a friends house. I decided to keep them all for myslef because they were so amazing! And oh so Addicting!!!
A friend made these for a Christmas Cookie exchange and they are to die for! I had to ask for the recipe so I can add it to our catering specialty dessert menu. Delish!