Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delightful dessert. Better eaten with a spoon than a fork, though. Found in an Italian cookbook, I'm sure, and modified to be healthier.
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free mocha instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (optional)
- grated chocolate (for garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all ingredients except grated chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Whisk until foamy and instant coffee has dissolved.
- Pour into 6 individual custard cups.
- Place cups in 13x9 baking dish and fill with hot water halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Very interesting dish right here, Got very mixed reviews, I thought it tasted amazing but my mother couldnt see to take to it and had ice cream instead. Thats fine, more for me, lol!! I used french vanilla instant coffee since that is all I had, I'll play around with diffrent flavorings and such next time, maybe add an extract of something, maybe almond. All in all a pretty good dessert if you are a coffee fiend like me.