Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These were the peanut butter bars that our school cafeteria used to sell for 25 cents a bar. I am sure they had to make multiple pans a day, these were so good! Very easy to make and really tasty! No baking required. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1. Mix the sifted powdered sugar, brown sugar and melted butter together well. Fold in the creamy peanut butter until blended.
- 2. Spread the peanut butter mixture into a buttered pan; 9x13 for thicker bars, cookie sheet for thinner bars.
- 3. Melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter and pour over the peanut butter mixture. Spread around to make it even.
- 4. Refrigerate for 1 hour, until chocolate has solidified most of the way, and cut into bars with an unserrated knife.
- 5. Return to the refrigerator over night until set. (I return to the freezer for faster set time).
These were yummy! Wanted something easy and this did the trick! I'm a peanut butter fanatic and couldn't have been happier. Followed the recipe exactly. Brought them into work and they were gone in a flash! Thanks for sharing!
Excellent recipe. Made as directed. I am starting to create a section of recipes for those that that were in the schools when I grew up. I'll include this easy one.
Just delicious. Perfect bit of crunch from the brown sugar in the peanut butter layer. The chocolate later was smooth and melt-in-your-mouth textured. Just what I remember from my youth and a super alternative to those orange wrapped things you get in the stores!!