Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy, very tasty relish. You probably have the ingredients in your cupboard. From Cafe Villa, Ngaio, Wellington.
- 4 (220 g) cans Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup malt vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup sultana
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until reduced.
- Stir approximately every 20 minutes.
- Leave overnight then blend in blender/food processor/stick blender, until smooth.