Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Anyone who has been to a Cafe Rio in Utah loves their sweet pork. Here is a copycat version that is hard to beat. They serve this sweet pork in tacos, salads, burritos etc. Pass a little of the tomatillo dressing (#212675) with it and...mmmmm...I appreciate my sister for sharing this recipe with me.
- 3 -4 lbs pork loin roast
- 1 cup pace salsa
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, original flavor
- 0.25 (1 1/4 ounce) chili seasoning mix, packet
- 8 ounces beef broth
- Spray crock pot. Add pork roast.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over top.
- Cook in crock-pot on low for 10 hours.
- Can add more beef broth if needed. Shred with fork.
Just made this... it seemed like an awful lot of sauce, and smelled very (almost too?) BBQ-ey. I'll rate when it's done--I hope it's good! Okay, my husband loved this (hence 4 stars) but I would've given it 3. It's good, but not close enough to Cafe Rio for me. :) Of course, I am prego and my taste buds are very sensitive... as is my nose, so part of it could have been smelling it all day (not such a good thing these days).