Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have tried a few Copycat Creamy Tomatillo Recipes, and this is by far the best and closest to the original. It make a FABULOUS wrap for a quick healthy meal (tortilla, precooked and seasoned meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, dressing, and maybe cheese and sour cream if you like). Absolutely delicious and a quick meal in a pinch as long as you have some pre-cooked and seasoned meat on hand! Try the meat in this fajita recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/steak-or-chicken-fajitas-63786.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (may use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 sour cream)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 -3 tablespoon lime juice, to taste
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tomatillos, quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- Tabasco jalapeno sauce, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Refrigerate one hour (I have tried it immediately and it's delicious, but it's always best to have time for flavors to blend).