Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cafe Rio copycat
Make and share this Cafe Rio Cilantro-Lime Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml rice
- 14.79 ml oil
- 0 bunch cilantro
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml water (or chicken broth(leave out bouillon if so)
- 2 bouillon cubes (or 2 tsp instant bouillon)
- 1 lime, zested
- Brown onion and rice in oil.
- Place water/stock, bouillon, cilantro, lime zest, and salt in blender till blended thoroughly.
- Add water mixture to rice and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with fork and add lime juice.
- Serve with Cafe Rio pork and beans.
Cut the recipe in half, sauteed onions and garlic with the rice and used home made chicken broth....YUMMY! Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.<br/>(served with Chicken Stuffed Poblano Chiles#131427 and a green salad).
This was absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!
I have never eaten at Café Rio, but love cilantro and tried this recipe. EXECELLENT!! My husband and kids all had seconds! I sautéed a clove of pressed garlic with onions and used low-sodium chicken broth. I cooked in in a low-profile oven-proof pan and cooked it in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes, until rice was tender. I likethe oven method for even cooked rice without the crusty, sometimes burned bottom. Making it now!