Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cafe Rio copycat
Make and share this Cafe Rio Cilantro-Lime Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water (or chicken broth(leave out bouillon if so)
- 2 bouillon cubes (or 2 tsp instant bouillon)
- 1 lime, zested
- Brown onion and rice in oil.
- Place water/stock, bouillon, cilantro, lime zest, and salt in blender till blended thoroughly.
- Add water mixture to rice and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with fork and add lime juice.
- Serve with Cafe Rio pork and beans.
Cut the recipe in half, sauteed onions and garlic with the rice and used home made chicken broth....YUMMY! Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.<br/>(served with Chicken Stuffed Poblano Chiles#131427 and a green salad).
I have never eaten at Café Rio, but love cilantro and tried this recipe. EXECELLENT!! My husband and kids all had seconds! I sautéed a clove of pressed garlic with onions and used low-sodium chicken broth. I cooked in in a low-profile oven-proof pan and cooked it in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes, until rice was tender. I likethe oven method for even cooked rice without the crusty, sometimes burned bottom. Making it now!
I'm so excited about this recipe and the fact that I'm inspired by something means you should brace yourself. Made for Love Train recipe tag.