Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has dry malted mix in it! I like that so here it is from "Flavors" the San Antonio, TX Junior League's cookbook, submitted by Mr. Don Strange.
- 2 cups strong coffee, cold
- 2 cups Kahlua or 2 cups Bourbon
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons chocolate malt drink powder, rounded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in the blender. Add brown sugar if using bourbon and not Kahlua.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour over the cubes.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
WOW is this strong! I cut the Kahlua in half and still ended up giving most of mine to DH who enjoyed it but also thought the liquor level could be reduced a bit more. That said I'm a serious light weight when it comes to alcohol and I really should have made separate servings with mine having no more than a couple of tbsp's at the most. The malt is quite unique and not bad at all. I got a great sleep last night :D