Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For those chilly nights when you don't feel like making a run to Starbuck's. Adjust the chocolate and coffee amounts up or down to suit your tastes.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (or 2-4 shots espresso)
- 4 tablespoons hot chocolate powder
- 1 cup half-and-half (I use fat free)
- whipped cream, and
- ground nutmeg (to garnish)
- While the coffee is brewing, heat the half and half in the microwave for one minute.
- Put 2 T hot cocoa mix in the bottom of each mug.
- Pour half of the coffee or espresso over the hot cocoa powder in each mug.
- Divide the warm half and half between the mugs. Stir well.
- Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg (or cocoa powder or chocolate shavings) and enjoy!
I used Swiss Miss sugar-free hot cocoa and this turned out very good. I also used Cool Whip Free as a topping to cut back on fat instead of whipped cream. (made for My 3 Chefs game)
This was so good I had 2 ! I used flavored hot cocoa mix, which didn't do anything for me flavor-wise, so I'll use plain next time. Definitely watch the half and half in the micro - I put it in for 90 seconds and it bubbled over. This one's a keeper ! Thanks for posting :)