Top Review by JenSmith
I made this recipe yesterday for the Revised Bargain Basement Game. It was pretty good, but I had to add more sugar as it was just too bitter by itself. Also, I didn't have any cheesecloth, so I lined a mesh strainer with a coffee filter, which was slow but it got a lot of the oil out of the coffee. I think I'll stick to my usual recipe for this, but thanks all the same!
- 8 cups water, Cold
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄2 ounce baking chocolate, Fine Chop
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken In 1/2
- 1 cup regular grind coffee, Dry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water, brown sugar, chocolate, cloves, and cinnamon to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coffee. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Strain coffee through 4 thicknesses of cheesecloth.