1/1 Photo of Cafe Liegeois
A classic French ice cream dessert. Sophisticated and simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup chilled creme fraiche or 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder (instant coffee powder will do if you can’t get the espresso)
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened (do get a premium brand)
- 1For ice cream: Beat chilled crème fraiche or whipping cream, sugar, instant espresso and coffee liqueur in medium bowl to stiff peaks.
- 2Add ice cream and fold together.
- 3Freeze overnight.
- 4For topping: Beat whipping cream and sugar in medium bowl to stiff peaks.
- 5Scoop ice cream into tall glasses.
- 6Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and top with a couple of the chocolate-covered coffee beans.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cafe Liegeois
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 56.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g