Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great make-ahead dessert for those romantic dinners, featuring two aphrodisiacs, coffee and chocolate... ;-) Time in the freezer is not included in the time estimate. Recipe from Maku magazine.
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 ml golden caster sugar
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 100 ml strong espresso
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon brandy
- 80 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 20 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Whip egg yolks and sugar until light and foamy.
- In another bowl, whip whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add cold espresso and cognac to yolk mixture, mix to combine.
- Combine whipped cream and yolk mixture; add chopped chocolate, mix.
- Pour into a freezer-proof dish and cover with cling film. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Take the parfait out of the freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Slice, or shape into balls with an ice-cream scoop. Sprinkle chopped chocolate and pistachios on top.