Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has to be powdered in a blender. The vanilla makes things clumpy because it is a liquid, and the heaviness of the sugar makes it sink to the bottom while the coffee creamer rises to the top. Blending the mixture, takes care of all of these problems.
- 1⁄2 cup instant coffee
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Measure all of the ingredients (even the vanilla) into a blender container.
- Put the lid on.
- Process the mixture for about a minute, or until it is all powdery smooth, and the texture is even.
- Store in a container with a good lid.
- Makes 1- 2/3 cups of mix.
- To Prepare:.
- Combine 3/4 cup of boiling water and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mix.
- Stir to dissolve and serve.
This is a terrific recipe for at home vanilla lattes. I did find that it is much much easier to blend this in a food processor instead of a blender. Outside of that I followed everything exactly. The latte itself is a nice strong blend that really showcases the coffee flavor and does not overpower it with too much cream and vanilla but adds to the flavor of the coffee. Glad I tagged this in Photo Tag Annacia! Thanks for sharing and helping my coffee addiction budget. :)
This is the most awesome recipe, ever. I am addicted to Vanilla Latte Cafe. Now, I can make the mix at a fraction of the cost. The only thing I did differenly was to mix it in a mini blender. It was a lot easier, and I added and extra tsp of pure vanilla.