1/1 Photo of Cafe Green Salad by Melissa D'arabian
Sooz Cooks's Note:
I am really happy she won the Next Food Network Star challenge and really look forward to watching more of her show " Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian". This is a great recipe that is easy to toss together yet really fresh tasting. Why use bottled dressing when you can do this?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in 1/2
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash soy sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups salad greens (mixed, the darker the better, not iceberg)
- 1Rub the inside of a large wooden bowl with the garlic clove and then either discard it or save it for another use.
- 2Put the mustard in the bowl and whisk in the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce (a French secret!) vigorously for about 10 seconds to get a creamy consistency.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Drizzle in the olive oil as slowly as possible with 1 hand while whisking as quickly as possible with the other hand to emulsify.
- 5Lay the salad greens on top of the dressing and toss just before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cafe Green Salad by Melissa D'arabian
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g