Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am really happy she won the Next Food Network Star challenge and really look forward to watching more of her show " Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian". This is a great recipe that is easy to toss together yet really fresh tasting. Why use bottled dressing when you can do this?
- Rub the inside of a large wooden bowl with the garlic clove and then either discard it or save it for another use.
- Put the mustard in the bowl and whisk in the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce (a French secret!) vigorously for about 10 seconds to get a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle in the olive oil as slowly as possible with 1 hand while whisking as quickly as possible with the other hand to emulsify.
- Lay the salad greens on top of the dressing and toss just before serving.
Definitely worth a 5 star rating. It's so simple but absolutely delicious. The flavor of the vinaigrette is perfect. I wouldn't change a single thing. Just make sure you do have enough salad greens so the salad doesn't get over-dressed.
Delicious! I added some sliced strawberries and caramelized almonds to it. I did change it up a little by reducing the oil to 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon of water. Everyone loved the vinaigrette. Thank you for sharing.
Lovely salad recipe with accompanying dressing. The salad dressing is perfect in every way. I wouldn't and didn't change anything. Thanks for posting...