Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a nice dessert or after dinner drink combining coffee, rum and amaretto. Cooking time includes time for allowing the gelatin to set.
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves, whole
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- Soften gelatin in 1/2 Cup of the water and set aside.
- Combine remaining water and the next 5 ingredients in saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the spices and add the gelatin, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in rum and amaretto.
- Pour into individual serving glasses.
- Chill until firm.
- Serve with a puff of whipped cream.
Wonderful little after dinner treat. I used Espresso to make half the recipe then served in demitasse cups. TFS, my guests enjoyed these.
Great, easy to to make a the dessert makes such a nice presentation. I like it as a dessert, because after cooling time the alcohol is not overpowering the coffee, cinnamon and cloves flavours. I followed the recipe as described here and it worked great. It can easily be made in advance. I have made one too many, kept it in the fridge for one day and on the next day it was just as the day before. Thanks for sharing.