Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Even though it is 18 degrees F outside with a 2 degree F wind chill factor you won't feel the cold with this delicious "adult" coffee beverage. I opted to drizzle some chocolate syrup on top of the whip cream. Thanks for posting! This recipe was tagged in the Comfort Cafe's Jan. '09 tag game.
- 8 cups water, Cold
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄2 ounce baking chocolate, Fine Chop
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken In 1/2
- 1 cup regular grind coffee, Dry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- to taste whipped cream
- 8 tablespoons coffee liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water, brown sugar, chocolate, cloves, and cinnamon to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coffee. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Strain coffee through 4 thicknesses of cheesecloth.
- Keep hot in saucepan after straining.
- Heat brandy just until warm in small, long-handled saucepan.
- Remove from heat; ignite. Pour flaming brandy over coffee. Allow flame to burn out; stir.
- Pour coffee into cups or mugs.
- Top each with whipped cream and 1 Tbsp liqueur.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick, if desired.