Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A twist on chocolate mousse.
- 1⁄4 cup day old coffee
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 5 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons of fine Bourbon
- low-carb chocolate syrup (Made with sugar alcohol)
- Add two tablespoons of instant coffee plus one tablespoon of splenda brown sugar and two tablespoons of fine bourbon to day old coffee.
- Place in refrigerator to chill over night.
- Place 1 cup of cream in double boiler on medium heat. Add three tablespoons of splenda brown sugar. Bring to a slow boil. Stir until thicken. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in an air tight container.
- Chill in refrigerator over night.
- Toast hazelnut or pecans for 5 minutes. allow to cool.
- Chop up in food processor and place in an airtight container.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream in chilled mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate extract and one tablespoon of brown sugar. Whip until just set.
- Add 1/4 cup of day old coffee mixture to caramel sauce. Incorporate.
- Add 1/2 cup of caramel sauce to cream mixture. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Place one tablespoon of chocolate syrup in bottom of parfait glass. Add two tablespoons of the cafe decal mousse. Add two teaspoons of the caramel sauce. Add chocolate syrup. Sprinkle one teaspoon of the toasted nuts. Continue to layer the mousse, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce & nuts until you have filled the parfait glass, ending with caramel, chocolate sauce & nuts on top.