Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Really nice do ahead dessert
- 8 1⁄2 ounces english toffee-flavored candy bars, COARSELY CHOPPED
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, SOFTENED
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 10 3⁄4 ounces poundcake, CUT INTO 1/2 INCH SLICES
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, TOASTED
- 1 quart premium chocolate ice cream, SOFTENED
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao or 2 tablespoons irish cream
- Reserve half of chopped candy; bars for topping. Sprinkle remaining chopped candy bars in bottom of an ungreased 10 inch springform pan; set aside.
- Combine coffee ice cram and rum; spread ice cream mixture over candy bar layer. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Arrange pound cake slices over frozen ice cream layer; cover and freeze until firm.
- Place chocolate in top of double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low: cook until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in almonds. Spread mixture over frozen pound cake layer; cover and freeze until firm.
- Combine chocolate ice cream and creme de cacao; spread over frozen chocolate layer. Sprinkle with half of reserved chopped candy bars; cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving . Carefully remove sides of springform pan. Gently pat remaining chopped candy bars onto sides of torte. Serve immediately.