Combining Cafe con Leche and Flan seemed like a no-brainer. It's a rich coffe-caramel custard, and irresistable finale to an good Tex-Mex meal, or jsut about anything else.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350; place 8 (6 ounce) custard cups or ramekins in a large baking dish.
- 2Place sugar, water, and corn syrup in a heavy medium saucepan. Heat over a medium to medium-high heat, swirling saucepan to let sugar dissolve evenly. Continue to cook, without stirring, until the sugar turns a deep caramel in color.
- 3Immediately remove from heat; pour hot caramel into bottoms of custard cups/ramekins.
- 4place eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth.
- 5Add milk, sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, and cinnamon; beat until throughly blended. Pour evenly into the custard ups/ramekins.
- 6Add enough hot water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins (water bath); cover with foil.
- 7Bake for 30-35 minutes or until custards are set but still quiverly like gelatine.
- 8Remove from oven; place on wire racks to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold, preferably overnight. (Flan can be made up to 2 days in advance).
- 9To serve: run a knife with a thin blade around the edges to loosen custard from teh sides of the cup. INvert onto serving plates, shaking slightly to release custard and caramel.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cafe Con Leche Flan
Serving Size: 1 (1359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1665.4
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 1527.5 mg
- Sodium 737.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 208.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 155.8 g
- Protein 62.8 g