Only 3.5 grams of fat in this rich and delicious caramely-coffee custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour and salt in a 2 quart heavy non-aluminum saucepan. Whisk in reduced-fat milk and next 3 ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- 2Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- 3Fill a large bowl with ice; place pan in ice, and whisk custard occasionally until completely cooled (about 30 minutes).
- 4Spoon 1/2 cup custard into each of 8 (5 oz.) cups or glasses. Top each with 1-2 tablespoons whipped topping, filling completely. Scrape top with a knife to level whipped topping. Garnish with shaved chocolate, chopped chocolate-covered expresso beans, or shortbread cookies.
- 5To make ahead, pour cooled custard into a gallon-size zip lock bag, gently pressing out excess air. Seal bag and chill up to 24 hours. To serve, snip off a corner of bag and pipe into serving cups.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cafe Con Leche Custard Cups
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sweetened condensed milk