Recipe by grandma2969
another one in my recipe "box" that I have not had a chance to make yet...
Top Review by LonghornMama
Primo cookies! Strong mocha flavor, jam-packed with chocolate chunks. The glaze is a great touch and adds lots of flavor. My family loved the cookies, even though none of them are coffee fiends like me. I thought 1/4 cup sized cookies would be much too large, so used 2 T balls which was just right for 30 big cookies. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.beat sugar, butter and egg in large bowl -- on medium speed.
- stir in flour, baking soda, coffee granules and salt.
- stir in pecans and chocolate chunks --
- drop dough by 1/4" cupfuls 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet -- bake 12-15 minutes or golden brown and edges are set.
- cool 4 minutes, remove to rack to cool completely --
- drizzle with coffee drizzle.
- to prepare COFFEE DRIZZLE:.
- dissolve coffee, dry, in water in small bowl -- stir in powdered sugar with spoon till smooth and thin enough to drizzle.