7 hrs 20 mins
This pulled pork recipe is best served on tortillas. It's delicious and we use it for large gatherings, especially the kid's Baptisms. I always buy a large pork loin at Sam's Club that is at least 8 pounds and use 2 crock pots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -4 lb) unseasoned pork loin (cut into about 3 pieced to fit in crockpot)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo (in the grocery stores by canned green chiles and jalapeno peppers)
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1**The chipotle chiles come in a small can that has a dark red sauce, the chile pepper and small pieces that look like onions. Dump the can in a bowl and using the can of coke rinse the can and the chipotle peppers to get the sauce off, (let coke and sauce go back into the bowl) and remove the peppers from the mixture. You can leave the onions. (I have left 1 or 2 chiles in and it's great. I made my husband a small crockpot of it with about half the can and he still didn't think it was hot!).
- 2Pour the coke/adobo sauce mixture in the blender along with all the other ingredients (except the pork loin). Blend until smooth.
- 3Place pork loin in crockpot (fat side down, or with fatty pieces toward the bottom, if they're on top they start to rubberize and you need to scrape that out before shredding), pour sauce over top.
- 4Let cook for about 6-7 hours, then shred using a fork and cook another hour, to soak up sauce and flavor the meat more. (I usually start it on HIGH, and then turn it down after and hour or two).
- 5Serve on tortillas with salsa, guacamole, cilantro dressing, pepperjack cheese, lettuce, etc. (These are the suggestions give to me by the person I got the recipe from, we usually serve with tortillas and cheese and that's it!).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cafe Caubo Sweet Pork
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 69.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo