Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve coffee granules in warm water in a medium bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture, sugar, flour and eggs; mix well.
- Spread into greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edge of the pan.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into wedges.
Excellent brownies! I rate this with five stars because this recipe makes a perfect brownie with very simple ingredients in very short time. No fuss, no fancy ingredients, and the result is gooey, chocolatey with a hint of coffee flavour. I used espresso granules because that's what I had, and it is a perfect match. Maybe the coffee flavour would be weaker with normal coffee granules, but this was just how I like it. Thanks for posting! Will make this again.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.