Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful, sinfully fattening coffee flavoured cream style pie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed biscotti or 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To Prepare the Crust; Stir together cookies and butter and press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool completely before use.
- To Prepare the Filling; In a saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and coffee grinds well.
- Over medium heat, slowly whisk in the 2 cups of Whipping Cream.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute while continuing to whisk constantly.
- Stir in the melted butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and refrigerate until cold.
- To Prepare Topping; Whip the remaining cup of Whipping cream with 2 tbsp of sugar until soft peaks form in the mix.
- Swirl whipped cream over the coffee filling.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Dust with cocoa and decorate with a few coffee beans.
YUM!!! This is really good pie!!! I added instant coffee because the idea of coffee grounds in the ingredients didn't sound right. This turned out perfectly, thanks for posting!!