1/2 Photos of Cafe au lait Pie
2 hrs 20 mins
Young Structural's Note:
A wonderful, sinfully fattening coffee flavoured cream style pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2To Prepare the Crust; Stir together cookies and butter and press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- 3Bake for 8 minutes.
- 4Cool completely before use.
- 5To Prepare the Filling; In a saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and coffee grinds well.
- 6Over medium heat, slowly whisk in the 2 cups of Whipping Cream.
- 7Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- 8Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute while continuing to whisk constantly.
- 9Stir in the melted butter one tablespoon at a time.
- 10Pour the filling into the pie crust and refrigerate until cold.
- 11To Prepare Topping; Whip the remaining cup of Whipping cream with 2 tbsp of sugar until soft peaks form in the mix.
- 12Swirl whipped cream over the coffee filling.
- 13Chill for 1 hour.
- 14Dust with cocoa and decorate with a few coffee beans.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cafe au lait Pie
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.5
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 150.2 mg
- Sodium 127.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: