Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons crunchy nugget cereal or 3 tablespoons wheat biscuit cereal
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coffee liqueur such as Kahlua
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 12 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 12 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In food processor, combine cereal, walnuts and 1 tablespoon sugar; process to make fine crumbs.
- Place crumb mixture in prepared pan; tilt and rotate pan to coat bottom and sides with crumbs.
- Tap pan on counter to evenly distribute crumbs.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, dissolve instant coffee powder in coffee liqueur or water; set aside.
- Place cottage cheese in a double layer of cheesecloth and gather the corners at the top; squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place pressed cottage cheese in food processor and process about 2 minutes, until very smooth.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar, flour eggs, egg whites, cocoa, salt, cinnamon and the coffee liqueur mixture; process until smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, until firm around the edge but still wobbly in the center.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove outer ring of pan.
- Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or up to 2 days.