Recipe by Oolala
From Family Favorites, posted by Charlotte Ellis. Few ingredients that you may have in the house. I haven't tried this yet.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons instant decaffeinated coffee, Taster's Choice is good
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopes dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub meat with garlic and and place in 500 degree F. oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add the instant coffee to the boiling water and mix.
- Pour coffee over the meat.
- Sprinkle the 2 envelopes of onion soup mix over the meat and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Cut against the grain and serve.