Recipe by PaulaG
This is one of my adopted recipes. I finally got around to making it. It will definately perk things up! I used 6 fresh jalapenos and 8 rather large tomatillos. My yield was 6 cups. The yield is being updated to reflect this. This is the intro by the original poster: "Serve cold or at room temperature. It's wonderful served with grilled meats. It's also very nice mixed with some yogurt to toss with hot pasta for a low-fat quick dinner. And stir some into some soup; it will perk up almost anything without being overwhelming."
- 6 -12 fresh jalapenos, stems removed
- 8 -12 tomatillos, husks removed, quartered
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except cilantro in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the tomatillos are soft.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the cooled ingredients to a blender container and add the cilantro; puree until smooth and uniformly green. Refrigerate.