Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is pure holiday, party or romance fare. WOW. You can make the amaretto coffee as strong as you like.
- 3 ounces amaretto-flavored coffee, beans ground (brew to make a pot of coffee)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (per cup)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste, per cup)
- whipped cream
- chocolate and red candy sprinkles, garnish
- chocolate dipped cherries, garnish
- Brew coffee.
- Add vanilla and almond flavorings to pot and mix .
- Place 1 tsp cocoa powder and sugar per cup, mix.
- Add a small amount of HOT coffee to the cup and mix well.
- Fill remainder of cup with more coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate and red candy sprinkles, and a chocolate- dipped cherry on top.
Sorry I just didn't care for this. I used regular coffee and real amaretto-I think it could have been the almond extract I didn't care for.
Very yummy drink and pretty with the sprinkles. A great way to do something special for yourself or a loved one. Made for Photo Tag.
Yummy! Now if only I'd had the amaretto-flavored coffee. Oh, wait, I had real amaretto to add, so it was even better! :) I used a homemade mix with instant coffee, sugar, creamer, and cocoa to replace the sugar and cocoa, and to rev up my brewed coffee a bit! This is a simple way to save $ on the $4 lattes! Thanks for my caffeine fix!