Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Café au lait with the flavors of mocha & mint or mocha and orange added. The proportions of coffee and milk can be varied to suit your tastes (like 3/4 cup coffee and 1/4 cup milk for stronger coffee or 1/2 and 1/2 each for weaker coffee).
- 2⁄3 cup hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mint extract or 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk, cold
- cocoa powder (to garnish) or chocolate shavings (to garnish)
- Pour the coffee into a cup; stir in the chocolate syrup and the extract.
- Steam milk until hot and frothy, then add to the coffee, leaving a layer of foam on top.
- Sprinkle chocolate on top, if desired.
This was a nice mocha. I used the mint extract. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made this last night as a treat but I didn't have any mint or orange extract so I used creme de menthe and it still turned out yummy. Thank You for Posting!
This was very good! However I made it as a plain mocha because I didn't have any mint extract. Still VERY tastey. I topped it with whipcream and sprinkled some cinamon on it. Very yummy. Tasted like a cafe mocha that we get from time to tome at a local home town coffe house. I can't wait to get some mint extract for my dh. He absolutly loves Pepermint Mocha, now he can have it any time of year. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!