1/1 Photo of Café Latte’s Salsa Chicken Chili
from a wonderful St. paul restaurant. Also know to me as the "chili of many cans"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons pressed garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- lime juice
- 1Sauté chicken and onions and pepper in olive oil until chicken is opaque and cooked through.
- 2Add group B and cook briefly, stirring constantly.
- 3Add group C, stir and bring to a boil, simmer (covered or uncovered to control thickness of chili to taste) for ½ hour or more.
- 4Adjust seasonings.
- 5Add lime juice to taste right before serving with choice of toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Café Latte’s Salsa Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 2089.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.3 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 60.1 g