Recipe by email@example.com
from a wonderful St. paul restaurant. Also know to me as the "chili of many cans"
Top Review by Camille F.
I made this tonight. What flavor! I like a little thicker chili so I would cut down some of the liquid next time. Also, I used turkey stock because that is what I had on hand. I also used fresh cilantro instead of the dried and added it at the end of the cooking. Really really good chili!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons pressed garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) canlight red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- lime juice
- sour cream
- diced onion
- cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté chicken and onions and pepper in olive oil until chicken is opaque and cooked through.
- Add group B and cook briefly, stirring constantly.
- Add group C, stir and bring to a boil, simmer (covered or uncovered to control thickness of chili to taste) for ½ hour or more.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Add lime juice to taste right before serving with choice of toppings.