Recipe by Annacia
Warm up anytime with this delightful drink featuring an alluring blend of brown sugar, zesty cinnamon and evaporated milk.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a very tasty coffee drink. The brown sugar, cloves, and anise seeds really complemented each other quite well. This is my favorite coffee drink now. I will make it often.
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup packed piloncillo (or packed dark brown sugar)
- 2 medium cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 -4 tablespoons good quality instant coffee
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, piloncillo, cinnamon sticks, anise and cloves in medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in coffee granules. Cover; steep for 5 minutes.
- Heat evaporated milk in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk constantly until milk is frothy and just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain coffee through a fine sieve into individual serving cups.
- Serve immediately with frothed milk on the side.