Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet mocha with vanilla and cream, garnished with nutmeg.
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 cups hot coffee
- ground nutmeg, to garnish
- Place the chocolate, sugar, salt, and water in the top of a double boiler, and melt the chocolate.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes, then add the cream.
- Reheat, but do not let come to a boil.
- Add the vanilla and the coffee.
- Pour into cups and garnish with nutmeg if desired.
This was fabulous!!! Definitely better than Starbucks!
MMMMMMMM Yummy !!! I had 2 cups along with kittencal's Chocolate Peanut Butter Double Chip Cookies for a decedent afternoon snack. Doesn't get any better than this, LIfe is GOOOOD !!! I am the only coffee drinker in the house, so I put the rest in a milk bottle and refrigererated it over night. I tried it cold this morning and it is really good. Tastes better then Starbucks coffee mocha in little jars from the supermarket and a lot cheaper !!! It also tastes good reheated in the microwave. I will be making this often.
oh my...so delicious! I treat coffee as a treat, and like my coffee sweet, but hate buying those chemical-laden creamers from the store. This was a perfect fit for me. I halved the recipe, because I'm the only coffee drinker in the house. I didnt have any semisweet chocolate so I used 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder. I have a new addiction. Thank you littleturtle!