Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Caesar chicken salad with potatoes. Nice summer meal. The salad dressing is a good low fat dressing that can be used alone. This is from Butter Buster's Cookbook. I believe chicken broth would be a fine substitute for liquid butter buds.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 Egg Beaters egg substitute (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup liquid Butter Buds
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, halved crosswise and cut into finger size strips
- 4 small red potatoes, quarter, cooked with skin on
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (tarragon, thyme, chives, etc.)
- In a food processor or blender place minced garlic, anchovy paste, egg beater, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process 30 seconds. Add liquid butter buds and blend 30 more seconds.
- Slice chicken thinly on the diagonal. Arrange zucchini in a sunburst on a 14" glass platter. Arrange peppers, hearts of palm, and sliced chicken in a sunburst on top. Place potato wedges in center and around platter. Drizzle salad with 1/2 cup dressing. Pass remainder separately. Sprinkle salad with capers and fresh herbs. Serve at room temperature with warm french bread.