Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the taste of ceasar salad and what better way to enjoy that wonderful flavor than to add it to a sandwich. This recipe calls for pork loin as the meat but you could use any meat of your choice.
- 3⁄4 lb pork loin, thinly sliced (I prefer Peppered Pork Loin)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing, creamy
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 focaccia bread (8 to10 inch)
- Toss lettuce with dressing and cheese, set aside.
- Slice focaccia horizontally; cut into 4 wedges.
- Layer pork, or meat of choice, and then lettuce on focaccia bottoms.
- Place focaccia tops over lettuce.
I made this with b/s chicken breasts which I saute'd with Mrs. Dash seasoning. I used the dressing from The Great Caesar Salad and Rosemary - Garlic Focaccia for the bread. This is a really good sandwich and the only thing we would do different is to toast the bread first for a sort of 'crouton crunchiness' . This recipe makes a Caesar salad great as a finger food. :)
I used your Peppered Pork Loin in this recipe. This made a good, quick, tasty lunch. I followed the recipe as written.
This was a really good sandwich. I did have pork loin steaks that I bought at Costco.I cooked them the last time I had a BBQ put them in the fridge. I sliced them to make my sandwiches. I added a slice of roasted red pepper. You could use anything you have on hand.It is a keeper; thanks gert for posting.I made this for PhotoTag. Rita