Galley Wench's Note:
(Title is so long it doesn't fit into the alloted space) Mexican Caesar Salad with Tequila & Lime-Grilled Shrimp with Chipotle Dressing. Found this recipe in Sabroso, a great little southwest dining guide from the Las Cruces/El Paso area. UPDATE 6/15/08 . . . An error has been found in the ingredients (actually two errors , soy and chicken broth). They have been corrected. Sorry for any inconvenience.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 18 jumbo shrimp, raw with shells removed
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, torn itno bite-size pieces
- 3 medium vine-rippened tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernel, uncooked and fresh from the cob
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles (in adobe, to taste)
- 2Stir together ingredients for marinade.
- 3Add shrimp. Set aside to marinade 1/2 hour.
- 5Whip to a smooth consistency the dressing ingredients; mayonnaise, broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, chipotle. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 6Grill Shrimp:.
- 7Remove shrimp from marinade and grill over medium-hot setting for a couple of minutes on each sitde. The goals is for the shrimp to taste grilled! When shrimp is done, remove and set aside to cool.
- 8Assemble Salad:.
- 9In a large salad bowl, mix romaine, corn and tomatoes with dressing.
- 10Place on a chilled salad plates.
- 11Place shrimp on lettuce bed.
- 12Garnish with Parmesan Cheese, croutons and cilantro.
- 13Serve additional dressing on the side.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caesar Salad With Tequila & Lime-Grilled Shrimp With Chipotl
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.4
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.8 mg
- Sodium 796.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: