Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
(Title is so long it doesn't fit into the alloted space) Mexican Caesar Salad with Tequila & Lime-Grilled Shrimp with Chipotle Dressing. Found this recipe in Sabroso, a great little southwest dining guide from the Las Cruces/El Paso area. UPDATE 6/15/08 . . . An error has been found in the ingredients (actually two errors , soy and chicken broth). They have been corrected. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 18 jumbo shrimp, raw with shells removed
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, torn itno bite-size pieces
- 3 medium vine-rippened tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernel, uncooked and fresh from the cob
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles (in adobe, to taste)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- crouton, Large Size
- Stir together ingredients for marinade.
- Add shrimp. Set aside to marinade 1/2 hour.
- Whip to a smooth consistency the dressing ingredients; mayonnaise, broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, chipotle. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grill Shrimp:.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and grill over medium-hot setting for a couple of minutes on each sitde. The goals is for the shrimp to taste grilled! When shrimp is done, remove and set aside to cool.
- Assemble Salad:.
- In a large salad bowl, mix romaine, corn and tomatoes with dressing.
- Place on a chilled salad plates.
- Place shrimp on lettuce bed.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese, croutons and cilantro.
- Serve additional dressing on the side.
- Serve immediately.
I made this salad after the corrections to the recipe had been made and thought it was absolutely fantastic!!! I marinated the shrimp for a couple of hours and the flavors of the marinade were delicate but flavorful, nothing overpowering, perfect! We also really enjoyed the dressing, had a little kick from the chipotle chilies, and I added just a little extra adobo sauce. For the corn, I brushed the cob with the lime/tequila marinade and grilled it for just a few minutes to increase the grilling flavor. This is a fabulous supper and I see this recipe coming out regularly this summer! Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas - ZWT#5.
we really loved the shrimp marinade.... wonderful and will make this again. the dressing.... not so much. I think maybe too much soy for us.
I just needed a marinade for grilled shrimp - this marinade was awesome! I served the shrimp hot off the grill with mango salsa. I'll have to try the salad and shrimp next:)