Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Everyday Food January/February 2004
- 4 (5 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- coarse salt
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool, then break into pieces.
- Heat broiler.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with remaining teaspoon each oil and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay shrimp flat on a broiler pan, and cook until browned and opaque throughout, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, Parmesan, anchovies, and up to 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lettuce with dressing. Divide among 4 plates, and top each with shrimp and broken tortillas. Garnish with more Parmesan.