Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love a good cesear salald. Especially if its got another of my favorite ingredients in it, shrimp! I stumbled across this recipe and tweaked it to my own likings. If you don't want to use shrimp, you can use cubed chicken breast or sliced roast beef instead.
- 1 (10 ounce) sourdough bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cleaned and shelled.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- Toss the bread cubes with 1 tablespoon oil, spread on a large cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes until crispy.
- remove and let cool.
- In a blender combine lemon juice, garlic, parmesan, anchovy paste, mustad, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp of pepper and blend.
- While the blender is running, slowly pour in the rest of the oil.
- In a pan, lightly coated with olive oil saute the shrimp with salt and pepper until pink.
- In a large salad bowl combine chopped lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and shrimp.
- Toss with dressing to coat.
- Serve garnished with leftover parmesan cheese.