Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice change from traditional caesar dressing.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- 4 anchovies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- For dressing: In a food processor, place anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, worcestershire, chili powder, paprika, cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Process briefly to blend With processor running, slowly dribble in 1 cup of olive oil until blended.
- For salad: Wash and tear the romaine lettuce.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Add croutons and parmesan and toss again.
- Divide among 4 chilled plates.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan if desired.