Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Caesar Salad I pieced together from all over the place. Enjoy!
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 small romaine lettuce, coarsely torn
- 1⁄2 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (20 to 24 per pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make the dressing: Finely chop the garlic and anchovies in a food processor. Blend in the lemon juice and mustard. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil and cheese. Season the dressing, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- To make the salad: Prepare the barbecue for high heat. Grill the lettuce until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Cut the lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- To make the shrimp: Preheat a grill pan over a medium-high flame, or prepare a grill. Toss shrimp with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss again and grill until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and drizzle with the lemon juice.