Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw this today on Rachael Ray and thought it sounded good.
Make and share this Caesar Salad With Fried Ravioli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb large ravioli, fresh (or frozen)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for coating ravioli, plus a handful for salad dressing
- fresh ground black pepper (lots)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided (EVOO)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 -4 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 3 romaine lettuce, hearts chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for ravioli. Salt water and cook a minute less than package directions for either fresh or frozen pasta, then drain thoroughly. Heat about 3 tablespoons EVOO in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine cornmeal, 1/2 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano and lots of black pepper on a plate. Coat the drained ravioli in the cornmeal and cheese mixture. Shake off excess and fry the ravioli until golden on each side, 4-5 minutes total. Remove them to a paper-towel lined plate and season with some salt.
- For the salad, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, grated garlic, mustard, anchovy paste, hot sauce and Worcestershire then stream in the EVOO, about 5 tablespoons. Coat the romaine in dressing then season with pepper and a handful of grated cheese. Top salad with crispy ravioli and serve.
I was immediately intrigued when I saw this one in Everyday with Rachael Ray. I did not use the dressing recipe, I used a bottled caeser dressing that didn't have anchovies. I used cheese ravioli and this was so good! At first I wasn't sure, it was odd with the ravioli on top instead of croutons, but in the end I loved it!