Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had this salad for the first time several years ago when my friend made it for our monthly bunco get together. It was a BIG hit. Some people consider this more of a creamy Italian dressing. I don't care what you call it..It's great.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 ounces roasted garlic caesar flavored sliced almonds, found in the produce section of the store. (or croutons)
- 2 eggs or 2 equal amount egg substitute
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 -3 cloves of minced garlic
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (Do not use the stuff in the green can!)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or to taste)
- Place lettuce in large sald bowl.
- Make dressing by putting all ingredients in blender. While blending, add 3/4 cup salad oil.
- Blend til smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Pour over Romaine lettuce and toss.
- Top with sliced almonds or croutons.