Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adding the tempeh cubes to this really makes a filling Summer meal.
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons water, plus
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- crouton (optional)
- Cut tempeh into 1" cubes.
- Steam in simmering water for 10 minutes.
- Spray non-stick skillet over hight heat and cook tempeh until golden, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add soy sauce and toss to coat.
- Wisk together ingredients for the dressing while tempeh cools (garlic, lemon juice, water, olives, dijon, italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste).
- Toss dressing with lettuce, tempeh and croutons.