Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from another recipe site. We love Caesar Salads at restaurants and this is a very easy and delicious one to make at home! I altered a few things such as adding fresh grated parmesan at the end to suit our tastes. I also used light mayo and cut down on the olive oil to cut the fat content a little. The result is a very decent Caesar Salad! I like to serve this salad with a good steak or lasagna.
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated kraft parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and put in food processor with mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place in a food processor and pulse a few times until ingredients areblended.
- Do not overprocess!
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters, and add to hot oil.
- Cook and stir until golden but be careful not to burn!
- Remove garlic from pan.
- Add bread cubes to the hot oil.
- Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned.
- Put bread cubes on a cookie sheet and place in a 250 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overtoast the croutons.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing, freshly grated parmesan cheese and croutons.
Excellent Caesar salad, Little Bee! I made exactly as directed, however, not having any light mayo on hand, used regular. Thanks so much for a great salad!
Lovely Caesar Salad! I loved the dressing and the croutons, will be making this a lot this summer. Thank you! Made for ZWT3.
I've always been a big fan of caesar salad, but hate to admit I've used bottled dressing up until this point.. NEVER AGAIN!!This salad tastes as good or better than any fine restaurant! The homemade croutons are fabulous, infused with a wonderful garlic taste. The dressing is to die for. I used 2 anchovy filets instead of 3, for my husbands taste.. (I didn't mention it until after he ate the salad) He loved it! I actually mistakenly thought I had djon mustard, and really had a sweet mustard. I used about 3/4 teaspoon of the sweet mustard instead. It didn't ruin the taste one bit. I look forward to making this often, whenever we have our monthly lasagna or spaghetti. Thanks for a super recipe.