Recipe by Garnet
My family thinks this is the best Caesar Salad they have ever eaten. I've served it many times at various functions and have been asked for the recipe more times than I can say.
Top Review by BirdyBaker
I have made this recipe before and posted it to the site- then realized that yours was already here! So. I'll post my review to this recipe! It is sooo good- the homemade bread crumbs and the dressing? Definitely SUPREME! A great summer salad. Prepackaged salad veggies really speed up the prep time! Wonderful! I will make this a lot this summer!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 anchovies, drained and chopped (optional)
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare lettuce by washing and drying thoroughly.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces, place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for several hours.
- Mix olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and anchovies in a jar, shake vigorously and refrigerate.
- Shake often while refrigerating.
- Just before serving, put the lettuce and croutons in a large bowl, shake the dressing and pour over the lettuce, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss until all leaves are coated.
- Make a well in the center of the lettuce.
- Place the egg yolks in the well and top with the lemon juice.
- Toss, toss, toss and toss some more.
- Add more parmesan if desired (I like lots).
- One secret to a good Caesar Salad is in the tossing.